Tissue Culture is a propagation technique by using a plant part in a test tube under very controlled and hygienic condition to get disease free and true to type plant.
Benefits of using tissue culture plants
- Produce disease free plants.
- Early harvesting of crop (within 12 month in banana).
- Availability of uniform sized plant which increase yield and easy for management.
- Maximum plants (95-98 %) bear bunch.
- Year round plantation is possible as seedlings are available throughout the year.
Nepal drip irrigation is currently supplying tissue cultured saplings for the following crops;