Sprinkler Irrigation is a method of applying irrigation water which is similar to rainfall. Water is distributed through a system of pipes usually by pumping. It is then sprayed into the air and irrigated entire soil surface through spray heads so that it breaks up into small water drops which fall to the ground.
Use of sprinkler irrigation
- Suitable for almost all field crops like Wheat, Gram, Pulses as well as Vegetables, Cotton, Soyabean, Tea, Coffee, and other fodder crops.
- Suitable for Residential, Industrial, Hotel, Resorts, Public & Government Enterprises, Golf Links, Race courses.
Benefits of Sprinkler Irrigation System
- Suitable for almost all type of soil also in slope area.
- Application rates and time can be adjusted to need of plan and soil type.
- Possibility of irrigating for other purposes: sprouting, frost protection or cooling during hot periods.
- No need of additional channels and easy for fitting.
- Useful for other purposes; sprouting, cooling during hot period.
- Possibility for application of fertilizers and pesticides.